Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Honchey
Attention Sewing Machine Guru's. I picked this Brother sewing machine yesterday for $10. It's a Bradford 1641 model..I went to the Brother site and cannot locate the year it was built. I sews really quiet..has a few cams(pictured . The needle only sews to the far left..When I move the screws for the zig zag it sews the stitch but I can't figure out how to get the neeedle to sew in the center position. Is it only supposed to sew to the left?? Help!
Honchey have you tried every switch, knob on that machine to get the needle back in the middle? Have you oiled it really well and cleaned it up in case it is just stuck with crud in the zig of the zag? I have a little Kenmore we got at a flea market for $5 that has the needle stuck in the right hand position. My DH took the machine apart and there is a rod that is suppose to switch the needle back when it is not in the zig zag mode that is not working. I don't want to take the machine in to a repair man so I will probably just live with it, but it bugs me. This machine has a zig zag also that does not work. It is stuck in the zig of the zag all the time. It sews really nice and has reverse so I thought I'd keep it for my 2 year old grandson to use, but it really bugs me that it stays in the zig and won't go back to center.

Nancy