Old 06-14-2011, 03:50 AM
cherrybsixty

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
How is your Two Spools? I hope you got it all worked out.
These are fun machines to sew with. Enjoy!
Ok, I am piecing the borders on a Quilt as You Go quilt right now with Annie Oakley Two Spools. I had already pieced the quilt blocks with my Free treadle, quilted the blocks with my 15-88 treadle, so now the Two Spools is piecing the borders! I love that machine, she sew so nice. I am finding Annie Oakley Two Spools much easier to piece with than the Free because the feed dogs on her are soooo long that the fabric doesn't have a tendency to pull sideways like it does with machines that have uneven feed dogs like the Free treadle. I am so glad I got this treadle to add to my collection!

Nancy
Nancy, I think it is sew neat that you use all of your treadle-girls and boy for all phase if your quilting. And you have mention of the uneven feed dog before, and I was wondering if that can also take place in the 401A? I started to discuss that matter with my OSG and change my mind. Sometime those guy's like to act like (car mechanics), like you don't know what you are talking about. That's why I like lurking around the VMS. And once again your DH did a beautiful job on your cabinet for Ms Davis. It makes me think of 'Betty Davis' eyes.'