View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 AM
neeng

This morning I was out at 6, had the little gas waterpump running by the pond (filling the pool), was weeding/planting a small garden bed (about 6' around).....I look up for a second, and there is a doe standing in my driveway about 40' away, eating at the edge of the road and watching me with one eye. I planted, she ate, we watched each other for about 40 minutes until I was done and cleaned up my stuff and came inside. I talked to her softly and she just flicked her ears a little and went back to eating. It was so cool, I could have sat there all day! I wish I had my camera but of course it was in the truck and I didn't think I could go get it and come back and she would still be there.....

The doe lives on my property, I see her in the back gardens all the time (further away) and there are always hoofprints around the house and through the garden.

Seems she loves echinacaea, so not sure I will see any of those this year, as the tips are all taken off.....but she leaves most other stuff alone, so I'm glad to share!