View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 AM
redrummy

Originally Posted by Up North
I use bed sheets and when my children were little my mom made them rebersable quilts with a character sheet on each side they sure took a beating and held up just fine. They are still around someplace and my oldest is 36.
I also use sheets. I made my kids twin sized blankets with their receiving blankets and backed it with kid print sheet. They loved the, my daughter still uses hers, 24 years later. A baby blanket wore out, I had to replace it, but it was easy to quilt. I ended up making 3 more, for my nieces and nephew. I tied theirs. I made a queen sized quilt, to be a keepsake and it was my first handquilted grownup large quilt. I had no trouble other than tangling thread. Now I use beeswax, and that problem is solved. I actually had more trouble quilting one with regular material. I broke needles, thread, bent needles...etc. On here I learned from others that the needles are as important as fabric. I bought betweens, changed them when the seemed dull, and another problem solved. I love the info I get from here. Love everyones piece of advice, it gives insight to help each other.