View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by tslowery
I found the magazine after hours of searching BUT this project was a website bonus so that was 2007 and I cant find it on the web because it was so old. I do have a pic of what they did tho It was small nine blocks with a star in middle of some ( looks like it is set on black with a multicolored binding. I just do not know how to put the black in there and how to quilt it.
How cute is this?!! I love it!! Such a fun play on log cabin type blocks. Here's what I would do if it were me...lay it out like you have...decide how much space is needed between the blocks...guessing 2 1/2" w/the 2" showing. Then cut ,your length of the fabric by 2 1/2"...sew between blocks, cut or cut all those boogers by the length of the block and sew between the blocks. Then make your long strip all the way across from left to right w/out any breaks (well, unless you need to add on to make the strip fit) Once all is framed in black...you will need to take the black all the way around to frame it all in(same 2 1/2". Then at that time decide how much bigger you want to make this. I'd make a scrappy-whacky border all the way around...frame again in black. Black will really make the colors and shapes pop when done:)Then finish in a scrappy binding. Too cute and anxious to see how this will turn out for you! Hope that makes sense:)IMHO~Skeat