View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 AM
nana2

:D :D :D This info is so encouraging. Hopefully more and more employers will recognize that our "special needs" people can benefit their company in many ways. Also volunteers are so special and so needed. I am sure that we are all seeing the info that one (1) out of every 166 children born will have autism. I wonder what the total for all disabilities would be; or to state this another way -- how many children out of every 100 children born are without problems??? Having our grandchild with her special situation has given me a very different prespective on life. To be given life with no physical or mental disabilities is an extremely special blessing. Using our abilities to help those who have handicaps brings even more blessings into our lives. Some of our very smallest deeds of kindness brings great happiness to a person who may have a healthy mind trapped in a "messed up body" (our child's expression for some of her classmates) as well as to those who have some type of mental disorder (for the lack of a better word) Through the years I am finding that quilters are very aware of others and their needs. Perhaps this is why we are so willing and eager to help other quilters "figure out" a quilt pattern or pass on tips which can make a specific project easier and achieve the desired result. Personally, I find quilting gives opportunity for time to think and say prayers. After all there are times when we have a zillion pieces to sew together and television's repeats just don't hold my attention.