Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Diannia

Hi, I started a Prayers & Squares ministry at our church a year or so ago. We're still small but going strong. When 1st starting, I went online and looked at what other churches were doing. I also called all the churches in our area that had this ministry to get suggestions. As for getting fabric, me and a couple of ladies donated some at first. We also used our scraps and made string blocks to put together. My hubby and I donated a few hundred dollars and I bought a bolt of muslin and some batting. Try going to yardsales or estate sales that say they have fabric. I have gone to a few and asked if they'd call me if they had anything left over and wanted to donate. I got 2 BIG tubs of fabric that way. Also make sure church members know they can donate funds, supplies or fabric. Give them a list of what you are looking for (perhaps put it in the bulletin). One lady came up to me and said she had some quilt tops her mother-in-law had made before she passed away and she wanted to donate them to us...ended up getting a huge tub of already made quilt tops (mostly lap/wheelchair size)! Other ladies have brought fabric saying they were done sewing and wanted to give it to us...Our church also give me $300 a year if I need it for supplies.

You can PM me if you want...

DIANNIA (pronounced Diana)