View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM
motomom

I cannot tell you about comparisons, I only know what I have and I have not sewn on any of the others.

BUT I can tell you what I have. My machine is a Pfaff 1229 that I bought in, oh, I don't know, back in the early 80's??? My machine is a FREAKIN' WORKHORSE. I have used it, abused it, and NEVER taken it in for service. I probably blew the dust out of it and oiled it, oh, maybe 10 years ago???

It has made children's clothes for my 4, specialty items for my grandchildren, curtains and drapes for my house, new cushion covers for my couch, countless boy and girl scout projects, NUMEROUS flags for the drill teams at school, flag uniforms, marching band uniform alterations, business suits etc for myself, comforters, a quilt, even a set of tympani and marimba covers for a local band. Oh, and I recovered the seat of my DH's 65 Chevy pickup, complete with a trapunto Chevrolet emblem in the center of the back. All heavy fabric and sometimes so thick I had to force the thickness under the pressure foot. It is kept out and handy 24/7.

I wouldn't take a million dollars for my machine. Well, I guess I could take it, keep the dough and get another Pfaff!!!