View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by Kas
I had one in my neck. Tried therapy for a year, not much help. So the surgeon wanted a new MRI before she would do the surgery. The new one showed not only the disc herniated on two sides, but bone spurs to boot. Surgery helped, but there are still other issues with my neck. At least it is better and my arm isn't numb anymore.
yep on one of mine it says spurs!

here is the report says
There is narrowing & dehydration of L2-3 disc and a lesser extent of the L4-5 disc.

AT L2-3 there is a circumferential disc bulge and broad anterior disc protrusion with anterior degenerative spurring of the veretbral endplates. There is a slight ventral flattening of the thecal sac. In conjunction with degenerative facet changes there is a minimal narrowing of the proximal neuroforamina bilaterally.

At l3-4 no disc bulges are evident. There are mild degenerative facet changes. The lateral neuroforamina are fairly well maintained.

At L4-5 there is circumferential disc bulge and broad left foraminal and far lateral disc protrusion. This causes ventral flattening of the thecal sac. In conjunction with the degenerative facet changes there is moderate left foraminal stenosis. There is a milk narrowing of the right neuroforamen.

I don't understand any of that at all..so he showed me where in my back the damage is..I was shocked..as those areas are where I can NOT be touched at all...I discovered that about a month ago when my hubby wanted to give me a back rub..NOT...I jumped out of skin..was not painful really, but like a shock!

I would love to see a chiro, have acupuncture, and water therapy!