Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Well we must have rocks in our heads because DH and I have bought 9 machines in the last 3 weeks. Some are treadle and some are electric 15s. We bought a Elna, 15 clone called precision sewing machine,Singer 99 w/cabinet,Standard w/cabinet,White FW,Singer 301 black short bed,Singer Sphinx dated 1911 treadle,Another clone Belair,White clone but can't find a name on it and made of Alum. so it is really light weight. I don't have a pic of all of them yet. But here is a pic of the Sphinx we got today paid way too much for it $3.00 yep 3.00 and it sews great. Man said it was in a parlor cabinet and he let it get rained on and it fell apart so he burned it. But we are going to get the irons that goes with it. I looked up the ser# and Singer listing said it is a l5 which it is not. Here's the number see what you come up with. G9450896.
Trish, I think you left a digit out when you looked up the serial number, your number is in the millions and Singer lists that machine as a 127 (which it is) from May 31, 1922, made in St. Jean, Quebec.

Wow, are you going to keep all those machines? Nine machines in 3 weeks is pretty impressive!

Nancy