View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Well I didn't have enough fabric to finish this block. I thought I had made enough but either I lost what I had cut and sewn or I was just not remembering right. I'm not going to go out and buy more fabric since this is my test piece. I know I can do it so I can move on. Either way I did get some of my red and white 2.5 sections done. I will take some of the red and white and blue and make a mug rug or coaster out of it. I was thinking of this.
I hope it won't hurt your feelings if I point something out.
For the sake of accuracy if you pay attention to the seams where they come to the corner on each block if the fabric on each side of the seam is the same instead of one side being more than the other you will get a good point when you sew the blocks together. You will lose the point if your corner is not evenly split by the seam. The bottom right red wingbblock looks to me by the picture that the white is more than the red on the upper left wing in that block. It may be the way the block lays that makes it look that way and it may be perfectly fine.

This is one of the best ways to save some frustration is to make sure your corners are straight and even.
This is one of the quickest ways to lose your points if you don't check your corners in any Block whether it is a Wings or an HST or any other block. I trim very gently to get a square square and make sure everyting will meet correctly. Taking the time for prevention saves a whole lot of hair pulling later!! :lol: :lol: