Old 06-15-2011, 03:06 AM
gaigai
Banned

I just came from a meeting with the makers of a documentary about quilters and quilting, "Stitched", that I believe everyone should see. It is only 72 minutes long, and is EXCELLENT!! It is fun, and funny and poignant and very informative. It addresses both traditional and art quilting. Some of the quotes are really funny, such as "I wouldn't wrap a grandbaby in an art quilt!".

The film makers were allow to film the judging process at the Houston International Quilt Festival for the first time, so you can get an insider's look at the process! And for those of you who have never had the opportunity to come to the Houston IQF, it gives you a glimpse of what you have been missing!

The documentary is showing here at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, and a bunch of the Houston Quilting community have seen it. I bought a copy of the DVD, and I know I will buy more to give as gifts. It is AWESOME!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend you get it.

With the permission of the makers of the film, Jenalia Morena and her husband Tom Gandy, I am attaching a scan of the DVD cover. You can order a DVD from their website

www.stitchedfilm.com or go to the Stitched Facebook site.

Enjoy, Everyone!!

Stitched DVD cover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211762[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211756.jpe