Old 06-15-2011, 04:40 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
How is your Two Spools? I hope you got it all worked out.
These are fun machines to sew with. Enjoy!
Ok, I am piecing the borders on a Quilt as You Go quilt right now with Annie Oakley Two Spools. I had already pieced the quilt blocks with my Free treadle, quilted the blocks with my 15-88 treadle, so now the Two Spools is piecing the borders! I love that machine, she sew so nice. I am finding Annie Oakley Two Spools much easier to piece with than the Free because the feed dogs on her are soooo long that the fabric doesn't have a tendency to pull sideways like it does with machines that have uneven feed dogs like the Free treadle. I am so glad I got this treadle to add to my collection!

Nancy
I'm so excited for you! I love piecing with mine and happy to read that you are enjoying yours.
Ok you guys I have to brag on my Annie Oakley Two Spools! I have done a lot of piecing with my Free Company Treadle - I am now finishing a lap quilt pieced mostly with the Free. I have done a little piecing with my 127 Sphinx - he is mostly used for heming/shortening my jeans! I have not tried piecing with my W&W nor Singer 9W yet so I can't judge them as piecing machines!

So far I am hooked on the Two Spools as a piecing machine! That machine has such long feed dogs that nothing twists or gets ate - it also has a perfect 1/4" foot! It doesn't grab the fabric, it just sews from barely an edge to the end without any complaints. I am piecing borders and sashings with the Two Spools. My sashings are only 1" and 1 1/8"s wide so you guys can appreciate how hard something that small is to piece without it being ate or messed up. I am piecing them diagonally and it just sews them - no eating the edge! I am in love!

Nancy