View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Rettie V. Grama

I think this is so sweet and so familiar to me. I have made quilts for all my children and grandchildren and now a great-grand child.

The first one I made was for my son and his future bride. They have been married 30 years this year. About 2 years ago, he asked me to make another because the one I made for their marriage quilt was getting thin. That started the ball rolling. Then I made for all my children then the grandchildren. For the grandchildren, I started out with a crib quilt size. Once again, I had a request for another quilt. One granddaughter asked for a bigger quilt as the small one was too small. That started the ball rolling again. I made her a second quilt, then went on down the line and made a larger one for each grandchild. I now have a new grandson, born on Sept. 11, 2011, gave him his crib quilt already and have his top ready for a larger quilt. It is a red, white and blue almost patriotic pattern that he will get for Christmas this year. Now have another great-grandchild, so it's on the way to more family quilts. Not "Ain't we got fun?" from a song of my growing up years, but "Ain't I got fun?" Signed: Happy Gram