View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Maride

Originally Posted by rabbit2b
Tricia, is your friend's store a quilt shop? I'm so curious about how people are selling their quilts!
Last year I sold a lot of my quilts at a local coffee shop in Plattsburgh, NY. I got a wall about 5 feet wide and 10 feet tall and could display anything I wanted for $25.00 a month and had to pay for 4 months at a time. At the end of that time I had to decide to do it again or not. The price of the quits was not what determined the fee. They collected the payments and called me after they sold something. Each wall was rented the same way and there are maybe 8 walls that size in the shop.

Depending on the theme of the quilts I would sell sometimes 3 or 4 quilts a week, and other weeks nothing. It depends on the activities going on in town.

I did it for 8 months and when sales slowed I stopped. I displayed them again at a lunch place (soup and sandwich restaurant) with a nice place and sold a few there. He charges nothing for this and took it as a way to decorate his walls with a great variety of artistic expresions without having to spend any money.

Maria