View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
Thank you - I'm glad this was helpful! :)

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
If the stitch is beautiful and looks fine, but the bobbin thread is too easy to remove what should I do? I hope that makes sense.
It sure does.

When you say that it's too easy to remove, can you start in the middle of the seam and lift the bobbin thread right up off of the fabric, or do you have to start at one end of the bobbin thread and pull it through the length of the seam,like you would do with a gathering stitch?

If it's the first, your machine is not making the proper lock stitch - I've never seen this particular "symptom" before, and I can't even guess at what's wrong with it without a lot more information.

If it's the second - the machine is making the lockstitch, but the bobbin thread isn't being held fast by the needle thread.

Either your stitch length is too long for the fabric you're working with, or your needle thread tension is too loose.

If you tighten up your needle thread tension, that should pull the bobbin thread up into the fabric and you won't be able to to remove it so easily. Hope that works for you! :)
Thanks for the reply. It is the second, but it on 2.0 stitch length and it doesn't help tightening the top. I will keep working at it.
Thanks again.