View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rnreenie
Hey...thighs like mine...gotta love them up! Three cheers for the doggie !!!!! The dog must be a good sport. I can hear the baby now..."gimme those cheekies now doggie" ! Just adorable. Thanks for sharing.
I have a beagle too who is good with the kids. We won't have one that isn't good with kids. We have gotten rid of dogs in the past if they aren't good kid dogs. No worries about bites.

But Molly (the dog in the pic) is a sweet natured dog and she is so gentle with the little ones. She lets them bite her ears and pull on her and never says a word. She ducks her head for all the petting they are willing to give her! She has always shaken hands as a way to get attention. She is a strong willed dog who obeys me as long as she is contained but if she is loose outside she ignores me! But she comes running for the kids. My DGD Rachel (9) looks at her and says sit and Molly sits! With me she has to turn circles 9 times before she will sit on command! LOL she'll sit lie down and beg for Rachel! LOL

When Rachel was little before she could even read she would take a book and sit in Maggie the beagle's bed with her and read the book to her. Maggie would patiently lay there and listen! LOL