View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM
tsp3400

I made my niece a turquiose and blue yellow brick road quilt, for her new big girl room. Well the color is bright purple not turquise like i thought they were painting it..good thing is her parents room is the turquiose that matches the quilt..so guess who has the oversized lap quilt now(roughly 50/60 now that cut down).Yep my db and sil..well i need to make it about twice the size because sil want's to put in on her bed as a the main piece in their room- and it's a king bed. (honored but aphrenseive)
Can I just add several layers of boarders to the yellow brick road part that is already made? would it look tacky?
I tried to find more of the fabric but without having the actual names of the fabric's I can't seem to find any more fat quarter bundles that are the same ( purchased year ago at Joann's clearance section), if so I'd just make more "squares" to add to it until large enough.
So any suggestions would be appreciated. Would it help if I added pictures? already took the piece apart-thankfully I only tied it cause it was for a kid- but will now have it quilted once finished for their bed. Thinking I will need to add at the least 2 feet all around..thinking a small solid boarder first then maybe a medium print boarder than a larger plain boarder...HELP