View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
DogHouseMom

I have two alarms on my alarm clock. The first is intended to wake me gently with sounds of nature - birds chiriping and the sound of a babbling brook. The second is an annoying fork-lift-in-reverse beeping that does the job of getting me out of bed.

Last night we knew it was going to be cool and we were expecting thunderstorms. The bedroom is fairly well protected from hard rain by an enormous tree just outside so despite the storms we left the bedroom window 1/2 way open.

As per normal I heard the sound of chirping birds and a babbling brook. I reached over to hit the snooze button (also as per normal). Didn't stop. Husband elbowed me in the ribs. Snooze button not working.

I finally opened my eyes and looked at the time and thought "odd - my alarm doesn't go off at 5:30!!".

It wasn't the alarm. It was LIFE!! The "babbling" brook was a constant downpour of rain against the house and the birds were just loving it and singing their hearts out!!

So I elbowed husband in the ribs and told him it was his turn to let the dogs out :) He was not amused when he came back to bed and saw what time it was. Snicker!!