Thread: Go Figure!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Kitsie

Funny (weird) thing yesterday - this strange little lady (about 45 yrs old) that owns the messy, overgrown, ugly property across the road came up to my door after my DD had finished mowing. She wanted to know if I was the one that did the mowing - there was no-one home next door. I told her Rae was in the barn so off she went. I was curious and remembered that "they" had done a lot of chain sawing and minimal clearing of the entrance to that property and maybe she wanted to ask Rae to mow the entrance from time to time.

HA! She was complaining that our grass clipping were getting all over the road and she (and 2 other nameless people) were afraid that the bottoms of their cars were going to look like the bottom of a lawn mower!!!!!!!!!! "And you know what that looks like!"

For one thing, as Rachel said (but not to her, dammit) the mower is only a couple of inches from the grass, hopefully a car is higher! This is a very rural country road and the clippings blow off onto all the pastures! My DD was totally stunned speechless!! Another client was in the barn, heard the whole thing and had to run outside not to be seen laughing!

Then, late last night I got it! I bet she thinks WE called the county about the mess on her property and county told her they needed proper access in case of emergency, etc. No not us, the county drives by looking at all the properties from time to time!

Oh my!! Now are we the neighborhood pariahs? We'll be stoned and TPed!! Unbelievable!! Funny the Deputy Sheriff and the Fire Chief that live on our road never said a thing to us!
:lol: :lol: :lol: