Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I won the bid at Shopgoodwill.com! I know nothing about this machine. But I thought it looked really cool and bid on it. Got it for $6.00 plus shipping - total of $23.68. Not bad. I think I might just be getting a little pathetic, now I am buying based on looks!
There is a National (see I thought I remembered seeing another one) that looks just like this on ShopGoodwill.com.

Actually there are several very nice looking machines on that website right now. A really nice red eye on the last page, and a Model 15 that Singer shows is a 28 from 1910 on page 3, I think. Really clean and nice. Also a Spartan (I bid $30 last time, but they had a reserve on it and it didn't sell).

And here is the 99 I got on auction with the Lotus decals. This is the pic from the website. I don't have it yet. This is the one I want to re-treadle.
Did you get the Lotus at goodwill? I have seen the machines you are talking about. I would have loved to have the Spartan, NY Goodwill puts reserves on all their machines. I guess they don't really want to sell them, by the time you add shipping I am not paying that much to them. I can't afford to and their is no guarantee that the machines will be packed for shipping survival.
Yes, I got it on auction there. I paid a little more than I wanted, but I am so happy to get it. I love those decals, and I really want a treadle. We can't hardly find good machines here in town. Prices in L.A. are HIGH!!! So, I try to find what I want on auctions. I was lucky to find a reasonably priced Featherweight here this past weekend.

Oh, I have another question. When I treadle the 99, can I leave the light on and put a plug on it? Will that interfere in any way with the treadle action? I think it won't, but want to be sure.