View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:42 AM
leona07

Sounds like Washington state laws for driving! Thankfully the laws changed after I got my license, which I got 10 years ago at the age of 16, so the drive class which was required was only $200 (offered after school at the high school) and then I could go get my license and drive all i wanted. Now...you have to take a class to get your license if you are under the age of 18. The class cost averages about $600, not offered at most schools. You have to clock in something like 50-80 hours of driving time with your parents. Then you can go take the written (which you pay for), then you can take the drive test (which you pay for) if you pass the written test. Then if you pass both test you can get your license (which you pay for). Then the driver is on a special license for six months. During this time they can not drive with anyone else in the car with them unless it is a parent, or a sibling. No friends allowed. After the six month period then they are allowed to drive freely.

I would have been a sitting duck if I had to pay $600 for a drive class!! Heck that is almost as much as I paid for my first car.