Thread: Bernina 215
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
HollyInfinite

Hmm thanks for your suggestion. Yeah I've been calling around to other shops and everyone is giving me a $900 price on the 215. I'm thinking of going to the Bernina store in NC because they have a lot of deals there and maybe have more used machines. The only used machines at the LQS here are really old machines that don't take the new feet which is something I want because I want to be able to use all the accessories on a new machine I may buy in the future.

I like the 4 series personally. I've been looking at the 430 or 440 too...but I wasn't sure if it was something that I really needed.

I only want something that I can use for quilting and it does a good job and maybe something I can put on a quilt frame in the future.

My LQS hasn't discounted the 4 series at all...when should I expect them to get discounted? I looked at other LQS in North Carolina rather than NY and all of them are saying they are deeply discounted because they are being discontinued. I get the vibe that the LQS is ripping me off >_> which sucks because I like to support small business but not if they are trying to screw me.