View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
no1jan

Last spring 2010, I learned how to quilt. I fell in love with it.

In the Fall I went to my first quilt show which I heard about from a very nice friend I met through this board. At the quilt show I bought, as usual, a raffle quilt ticket, expecting nothing in return only a donation to the Guild. I ended up winning the Grand Prize Quilt which I will share pictures of later as they are showing it in the Vermont Quilt Festival the end of June. I don't want to hurt the quilters chances of winning a blue ribbon. I'm sure it will win as it is fantastic!

I ended up joining the Guild and a Friendship group. One of our groups achievements was to make a soldier quilt for soldiers returning from the wars with injuries.

Although I was new at quilting I took on this challenge. I finished the quilt which was long armed by a member of my Friendship Group and finally finished it yesterday. We are meeting for our final time next week to take pictures, pig out and turn in our quilts.

Here is a picture of mine. I think it is the best job I've done making a quilt and I love it.

I hope the receiver of this quilt loves it and recognizes our appreciation for protecting our country! I also pray that they are not badly injured and my prayers and thanks go out to them!

The top of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211940[/ATTACH]

The back showing the long armed flags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211941[/ATTACH]

The quilt label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211942[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211934.jpe   attachment-211935.jpe   attachment-211936.jpe