View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Shadow Dancer

We have a graduated licensing system here. They pay 40.00 to write the test to get their permit in order for them to learn to drive. They have to have a G licensed driver with them, and they can't drive after dusk. Unless you have a daughter like mine who I took to write her test and there was an ex boyfriend writing his test as well, in an attempt to show off she rushed through the test and FAILED!!! But she could re-write the next morning for a fee of 10.00. Of course Mum coughed up the money after listening to her wailing about how she was too stupid to have a license. (I held back giving her a smack!)

Then it cost Mum 685.00 for drivers education and another 65.00 for the road test to get their G2 license, which they can drive alone, but cannot drive on major highways, and cannot have more passengers then there are seat belts for and any hint of alcohol is automatic suspension of their driving privileges.

The G2 license is only good for 4 years, at some point they must drive out of town to take the test to graduate to a full G license. (but they aren't allowed to drive on major highways!) And of course there is a fee for this test as well. By the time it was all done I was broke!!!