View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
zyxquilts

I made 2 throw pillows for Lindsey as a bridal shower gift, using leftover 9-Patches from the big quilt as the centers. Of course, I was trying to finish them both up the morning of the shower (ahem!) and had, um, technical difficulties! :wink:
When I do pillows, I use 2 pieces for the back panel that overlap, so it's easy to take the pillow form out to wash the cover. I decided to use one of the 'fancy' stitches on the outside flap, so away I stitch! BUT....I was too close to the edge, so it sucked the fabric into the bobbin area. :( Sigh. I managed to get it undone & picked out, and started again. THIS time, the thread got stuck on the spool somehow, so I got a big lump! UGH! :x Got that picked out without wrecking the fabric & thought I'd better switch to a different stitch! So I did the wavy daisies - got it done without a problem! Hooray!!....except....I had sewn from the back side so I could see the folded under part, and the design does NOT look good from the bobbin side, which is now the side that SHOWS!!! Rats!! Pick, pick, pick again.....and change the stitch again - to a straight stitch!!!! However, all that picking took so much time, I didn't get the 2nd pillow done in time! So I wrapped one pillow & one pillow top - and after she opened it up, I told her I still had to finish! Luckily Lindsey's mom is a quilter, so she understood!! LOL

I also forgot to take a pic of the finished one, but here's a picture of the 2nd one, just before I stuffed the pillow inside, and a detail shot.
Oh, the 1st pillow has a triple border with little 9-Patch cornerstones, sort of like the Infamous Wedding Quilt. I'll try to get a picture of it later.

close-up so you can see the fabrics better!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29732[/ATTACH]

The 2nd pillow cover....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29733[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29732.jpe   attachment-29733.jpe