View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
What madness!!

Teach her to ride a bike -- NOW -- it would be cheaper and easier than the moped. And think of the tan she could get, the exercise, no gas expense, etc. :roll: :roll:
That wouldn't be bad if it weren't 15 miles to her work. She could do it, but there are 3 really, REALLY big hills she has to go up. I wouldn't even bike them!

Originally Posted by Barb M
It used to be quite easy to get your license here, but now our rules are similar to yours Terri, only even worse. After they actually get their drivers license, they can't drive alone for two years i think...have to have another licensed driver with them, and i think theres curfews too, and cant have friends in the car. I think someone is raking in the money on all this for sure. Sounds like she really needs to wait til you get back to the US, that'll be in just a few months isnt it? Sure hope so, i bet you're getting anxious
Barb, I wish it were that close, but we've got another year. ARGH!!!

Kay, I wish it were that easy!
I don't mind paying for the driving school, but to have to wait for so long AFTER getting the permit AND the "first" license to drive alone, to me is rediculous!! The lady at the driving school said that it doesn't matter how old the first time driver is...they ALL have to adhere to what DMV rules.