Old 06-16-2011, 05:13 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by treadlep
I picked up a machine over the weekend that appears to be a Singer 99-24. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:
1) the machine has the crinkle/Godzilla finish. Is there any special method to cleaning this finish as opposed to a smooth finish?
2) the presser foot bar does not have a spring on the internal part of the mechanism behind the faceplate, which I thought was pretty much the standard for all machines. Can anyone with a similar machine (or more knowledge!) tell me if a spring should be there? If so, I'd love to know a part number or source to find a replacement.
3) the decals appear a little faded which may just be function of the Godzilla finish or the fact it's been around since the 1940s. Are replacement decals available somewhere?
I'll post a picture soon...

ep
We use to be able to get the decals for the Singers, but those are not being produced now. You would clean that machine the same way you clean any of them. You can use Liquid Gold or sewing machine oil to shine it up. I am not sure what you are talking about with the spring. You should post a picture of the part of the machine you think is missing a spring so we can see what you are talking about.

Nancy