Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I found this treadle at a second hand store a few weeks back - and it's in bad shape. I'm personally not looking for one since my mother in law said that her mother's treadles is mine whenever I am ready to take it buuuuut...
I posted pics in the Main area but someone suggested I post in the Vintage Machine thread.. so here goes...

I called the second hand store and it IS still there.
It's in Huntsville, AL
The wood is in bad shape. If you ask me it looks like it was either abused, overused or in a flood lol. The head looks like it has seen better days. The rest of it - the foot pedal part looked nice.

Here's some pics if anyone is actually interested in her. Poor old gal. just sitting there unloved because she is ugly lol.

I took pictures of her birthday code but they didn't come out :(
If you are interested in trying to figure out her birthdate from my poor picture, I'll post it but it's pretty rough. Looks like it's 7 numbers starting with a 67... somethingsomethingsomething...
That machine is a Model 27 with the Sphinx decal. It will shine up nicely once cleaned! If there is no letter in front of the serial number it is a pre 1900 machine. Another give a way that it is a pre 1900 machine is if it has a wood pitman. It looks like the pitman is wood from the picture! I just love it when we save these machines that are 120 year old!

Nancy