View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 AM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by DebJ
I put my just finished "New I Spy Baby Quilt" on Ebay (it will only be there until Nov. 2) and No One has even looked at it. :cry: It's not looking like I'll ever get this sold, so disapointing for I've already shown it to one potential buyer only to be turn down. Well, I had to bemoan this somewhere sorry. I had expected it to at least get looked at. :shock:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-I-Spy-Baby-Quilt_W0QQitemZ200167112886QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2041 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

as a veteran EBayer, I will tell you...

More and sharper pictures. This is YOUR work, it's done well, be proud of it. Show your potential customer how well you made the quilt. You are not selling a piece of fabric, you are selling something someone wants to wrap their baby up in and keep forever. You can't do that with a fuzzy photo of a quilt hanging on the wall.

On the other side... that is not a screaming hot category. Look at your competition. Not many of them have a lot of views either. Fewer still have many or any bids on them. That means put it for long auction times. 7 days minimum. And end the auction on a Sunday evening. Why? I don't know except a lot of EBayers spend their Sundays making bids. *L*

Most important, get those photos up.

tim in the home of EBay, san jose