Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 AM
WynfordMom2016

I am in way over my head on this one I think...Dont get me wrong I love planning little get togethers and Bday parties etc..but My husbands family is NOT close as a matter of fact at my mil and sil funerals people had to be removed from the building..yep..they are one of those families..Its a 22 year old fight over the estate when my husbands grandpa died..its sad really

Well my fil is a sweet man who tries to remain neutral even though he is one of the ones that got shorted in the deal..Next month he turns 75 and before my mil died a few years ago I had promised her I would make a big deal out of his 75th bday..so I am trying to put together a surprise bday party...(he is 3rd oldest of 12) all his brothers and sisters are all still living (his oldest sister is now 82) and this may be our last chance to get them all together if they like it or not

So far I reserved a place to have it (my churches fellowship hall) and have started the guest list...

I know I am already behind cause the party is a month from today...I am looking for addresses etc now (and trying to find out peoples last names how many kids they have etc...we have been married almost 15 years and I have never meet alot of his family

Over the weekend I am going to start the invitations ...

So any helpful ideas, suggestions, money saving tips, anything would be very helpful

thanks so much