Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Ps 150

I posted earlier this week ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130534-1.htm ) that I was blessed to be able to take over our dining room (which was only ever used to baste quilts! :lol: ) to make more sewing space for my two daughters and I. After three days of tireless work, the girls and I are finished! (Next month we'll repaint and install new windows and a new door when DH is on vacation but he's confident that we can just pull everything away from the walls and get it done in a day) It looks a bit cluttered but with three quilters/sewers in one room, it's gonna be! :wink:

One large, overall picture from the doorway.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212350[/ATTACH]

A closeup of the sewing island that the girls and I will work from. They're sharing a table (their idea) because they wanted to have a cutting mat their own height and on the same island as the machines so we didn't have far to go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212351[/ATTACH]

A picture of one wall. I converted my girls' changing table (couldn't bring myself to throw it away :cry: ) into an ironing table, ruler/template holder and it holds fabric below on the shelves. Then there's the larger, Mommy only cutting table and a set of drawers for storage.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212352[/ATTACH]

A pic of another wall, to the left of the door. There's my scrapbooking table, the design wall with baskets of yarn below and my oldest daughter's current quilting project on there, a stepstool, the grandfather's clock and a cabinet full of smaller cuts of fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212353[/ATTACH]

A closeup of the wall opposite the doorway. I covered my Grandmother's antique table with a blanket from my Great Grandmother and covered it with baskets to organize a lot of notions and fabrics for projects I'm working on and lots of storage beneath. All of the racks were made by DH except for the drawers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212355[/ATTACH]

A closeup of our work station. There's space to walk behind the table so it makes more use of the cutting mat and the girls have their table with their machines, their drawers for notions and then I have my table with my machine and serger. There's lots of space beneath for drawers for patterns, fabric and a tote for more fabric!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212356[/ATTACH]

A pic of the wall by the doorway. The open spaces are for more shelves to hold lots of garment sewing patterns and other odds & ends. Then there's the organizer that holds my rolls of fusible webbing and stabilizers and vinyls, a curio to hold sentimental mementos (a crocheted doll from my Great Gram, candle holders full of my Gram's old thread, gift boxes from my girls, a box that belonged to my Great Gram, special threads from my Gram and some special things that my girls wore as babies). There's a big bag that holds gift bags and DH's Grandfather's old crock that he made sauerkraut in is now what I use to hold gift wrap. DH is in there, hanging a towel rack for me so I can hang my quilting frames from there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212357[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212344.jpe   attachment-212345.jpe   attachment-212346.jpe   attachment-212347.jpe   attachment-212349.jpe  

attachment-212350.jpe   attachment-212351.jpe