View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
wordpaintervs

I have one half of another doll for a child with cancer finished and in 2 days will have the second half done. I just returned last friday from visiting with a brother (only sibling) I'd not seen in 8 years. He is in his 3rd and worse cancer battle. While there in Texas, I was given a small Serape (spelling??...like a rectangular poncho) by the owner of Herberts Taco Hutin New Braunsfels, Texas, after telling her I'd like to buy one like it for my dolls for kids with cancer. To make a longer story a shorter one, I piced up material there in town that would compliment it. It is as if this doll (#42) began its birth in Texas, because of the coincidence of it all. HOPING THIS MAKES SENSE. I am thinking that perhaps someone knows a small child in Texas with cancer who would want to receive this doll. If not, perhaps I will see if my Texas brother and his wife can find it a home. At any rate, I will send some pictures. I have yet to make the nightgown part of the doll. I'll do that over the next couple days. Anyway, I wanted to share this with those of you who have been following the doll making I've been doing. A local oroptimist club cut out and are stuffing 21 dolls for me to dress and two ladies are cutting doll dresses and nightgowns for me. (15 dresses so far) I will have to get busy again with all that help. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. This makes doll 42 I am working on. July 1st they will have me draw the winning ticket on the 2 patriotic dolls that were put up to raise money for Relay for Life and raise money for fighting agaist cancer.

Vickey S.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212520.jpe   attachment-212524.jpe