Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PJisChaos
I pasted this from my other thread("My CraigsList Haul" ) as I thought this would be a better place to ask.

Ok, now I have a real dilemma here. Help!
She is offering me a chance to buy the longarm too, on payments even. She wants $3000 for it but I have no clue on LAs, is this a fair price? Her mom paid $2500 for it when she bought it.

From what I could see of it, it is a Singer Industrial model with the table. From comparing it to pics on google search, it looks similar to a 15-91 model. Were these models made industrial sized? The head is huge!, not like my 27 I have. The head has Singer and Industrial stamped on it but can't get the serial number off it til tomorrow, when I go back to help clear more stuff and get first dibs on any fabric I want.

Anyone here know about these things??
I have had several industrial machines. They are mainly set for speed and yes they look big. I have a consew walking foot I used when I had a business building tents. It is built for going through heavy stuff and for speed. I have not quilted on the industrial machines. Well just pieced some jeans - but my Singer 403 goes through that little bit anyway and the motor doesn't run all day. I think I posted a place to get manuals for the industrial machines for free. If you can find that page - that would make a pretty good list of vintage industrial machines. I looked for it in my on files and can't find it - it's on this section though. I'm thinking a 15-91 and should be fairly inexpensive - it has a potted motor on the back of the head it is not industrial but it is strong enough for quilting. An industrial machine will have a motor under the table top - those are truly a power tool. Check out sewclassic blog - she has info comparing the 201 and the 15-91. If you like you can pm and I'll try to answer any ??