View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 PM
natalieg

I tried drawers, but when I got more than a dozen pieces of fabric, that went out the window. You are right, they are harder to go through them, so you tend not to. Also, the drawers become heavy and tend to warp on the bottom. I am a littl predjudiced...I like to walk into my sewing room and see this.....

Course it's a little messy right now. And, I really need to put the rest up there!

Originally Posted by Dotha
Do you think that it is better/easier/best use of space to store fabric in drawers or in a cabinet with shelves? I want shelves but DH thinks the best use of space is putting everything in a drawer. I want shelves for the big pieces as I fold every peice to the same size and it stores so neatly and is so easy to see. Drawers, not so much, it is harder to riffle through them, I think. Any thoughts. Dh is doing everything he can to help me with the sewing room reorganization and I appreciate it so much but now I am to a point where I think I know best. Just thought I would ask for input to figure out if I am right or if I should listen to him. I have one of those white cabinet things with the doors (sell for about80 to 100 dollars) and I love it. I want at least one more. Help with your advice, please.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212635.jpe