Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Xylie55

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!
Today is one of those upside down days. Haven't been to bed yet, been talking to one of my employers to get details, etc.

Xylie, I was raised like you. My gmother was a sharecropper, we had a cow, some pigs and chickens, no running water or electricity. My gdad had a mule he plowed with. If we wanted fried chicken we killed the chicken, plucked it and cooked it.
We were up at dawn and into bed as soon as dark fell. Read by a coal oil light at night. Cooked on the wood stove. Bath in a wash tub by the stove, heated the water on the stove...toted from the pump in the yard.

Today's Journal:
What I appreciate about my modern world.

Motivation:
I will feel better tomorrow for what I have done today.

Quilting:
I will quilt 15 minutes today for ME.
Yes,many of us have done that.And the out houses,back then before TP,they used a pail of water with a rag for each member of the family.And they washed it out after each use.I still remember the kids on howlloween tipping the out houses over as a prank.So,I'm with you.They can have the good old days.I like flipping a switch and having electricity.But if the power goes out,I'm prepared as well.As we have oil lamps,and 12 volt lights,and a propane stove for heating and cooking in the winter.As well as a ac/dc tv.And 3 12 inch 12 volt fans for in the summer.And a port a potty.Plus I like my air conditioning.I like being comfortable.Helps me to lose weight.Knowing there are others doing the same thing.Ya,I like the good new days.