Old 06-17-2011, 04:58 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by PJisChaos
I pasted this from my other thread("My CraigsList Haul" ) as I thought this would be a better place to ask.

Ok, now I have a real dilemma here. Help!
She is offering me a chance to buy the longarm too, on payments even. She wants $3000 for it but I have no clue on LAs, is this a fair price? Her mom paid $2500 for it when she bought it.

From what I could see of it, it is a Singer Industrial model with the table. From comparing it to pics on google search, it looks similar to a 15-91 model. Were these models made industrial sized? The head is huge!, not like my 27 I have. The head has Singer and Industrial stamped on it but can't get the serial number off it til tomorrow, when I go back to help clear more stuff and get first dibs on any fabric I want.

Anyone here know about these things??
So you are willing to pay $3000, when the owner paid $2500? Am I reading this wrong? The machine - I think - you are talking about is not a true Long Arm if the machine is an industrial machine. A true quilting long arm is a machine that sits on a table, usually 10' or bigger - that you stand at to quilt your quilt. The table has poles to roll your quilt so you can quilt it. An industrial machine is a big machine that sits on a table you sit at and you'd have to free motion quilt. There is nothing to roll the quilt on to in order to quilt it. So it just depends on what you really want to do with your quilts. I love free motion and I also have a long arm. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much for an industrial machine, unless you are going to use it as an industrial machine. If you just want to free motion quilt, there are several machines out there that were intended for that purpose for less money. If you want a true long arm machine, then don't get an industrial model, get a long arm, i.e., HQ 16, Tin Lizzy, Gammel, etc. Those are true long arm machines. For free motion quilting, a Singer Model 15 is great - or a 15 clone!

Nancy