Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by miriam
Well, my sister just left town. While she was here we found a Bernina 530-2 in a mostly all there cabinet. I have never seen a Bernina in my life. It appears in good cosmetic shape and it turns. It has a whole bunch of weird feet. The stitch dial doesn't do much and the built in knee control doesn't move very far. I have yet to clean it up. I've had to catch up on regular work and hope to get something done on the machine over the week end. There is a manual - pretty small print... I'm thinking enlarge on the copy machine... The power does not go on when it is plugged in - no power at all. Is there some way to clean the contacts? Any info would help.
It is called a Record - the stitch selector doesn't move, the zig zag knob doesn't move and there is no power - I wonder if it could be hard wired. I oiled it up so I may try a little heat in a couple days and see if anything moves. I searched on line for info but I'm thinking someone who actually has one might know more than I'm finding. It does zig zag and straight but the part with all the nice stitches doesn't budge.
Miriam did you post a picture?

Nancy