Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Im hoping someone can give me some information about this Kenmore. I looked on the internet and I got years from the 30's to the 50's. The seriel # is 270003, and the model # is 117-552. An old neighbor gave this to me. Any information would be app

appriciated. Also I have no attachments or the book for it, only the foot that is on it. Any ideas where I can get them?
I have a machine that looks just like yours. Mine is a Franklin, made by White and sold at Sears. The model number is 851, Ser# 117851, We bought this at an estate auction. There was a note in the accessory box saying that she bought the machine with her first pay check in 1937. It came in a cabinet and has a stool and a rocking chair that matches the cabinet. (Don't know how to sew in a rocking chair?) There are all kinds of attachments and the bobbin are big around. She sews really good but to me sounds like a train coming through. Here are a few pictures of him. DH calls him Godzilla.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212712.jpe   attachment-212713.jpe   attachment-212714.jpe