View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Joanne9of12

Since I have to raise $2300 to walk in my fifth Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer 3-Day event, I did what any good quilter would do. I made a quilt to raffle! :-)

I've found that larger quilts sell more tickets and quilts that are pretty "gender friendly" work best. (This quilt is 84" x 104".)I know that many might consider this quilt to be more feminine than neutral, but the reproduction "look" has served me well in the past.

A couple of years ago, a gentleman walked up to me at a craft fair and bought tickets (against his wife's wishes). He said that the fabric in the quilt reminded him of his grandmother and even though he had no real use for the quilt, (especially one that didn't match ANYTHING in his house), he would love to win it because it would remind him of his grandmother every time he looked at it. Unfortunately, he didn't win but I loved talking to him.

I'm hoping this quilt stirs lots of memories for people also! Of course, getting the wallets stirring wouldn't be so bad either. :-)

Breast Cancer 3-Day Raffle Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212722[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212716.jpe