Thread: Bird Whisperer
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Jamiestitcher62

Ok, I just had to tell you guys this funny story. The other day where I work, they have a big machine shop. Two Tufted Titmouse birds flew in chasing each other. One got out. The other one sat in the rafters all day crying and calling out for his buddy. He couldn't seem to figure out that there were 3 huge overhead doors open all day in order for him to get out.

After the shop closed for the day, I shut off all the lights and left only one door open. I went to the internet and found a website that has bird calls and found one for the Tufted Titmouse. I played it while holding my Iphone up to the speaker and recorded it like 4 times looped.

I went outside the door and played the Titmouse call for about 10 minutes all the while the bird inside was talking to the imaginary bird outside, it got him close enough to the overhead door. He had been flying above the overhead door all day and couldn't figure out how to fly lower, but the call distracted him and he flew slightly lower just one time, bumped into the door and off he went, doing the 5 o'clock Charlie across the parking lot into a tree.

I was so proud of myself, the guys are calling me the bird whisperer now.

I sure hope he was ok. I saw a couple of them at the feeders this morning, I hope one of them was him or her.