Old 06-17-2011, 07:21 AM
May in Jersey

[Just about finished making a queen size quilt from one of their kits, Moonlight I think was the name of the kit. Have no problem with threads all over. Didn't want to prewash all of the fabrics first so I prewashed a 12 1/2"square and it measured the same after washing and drying in the dryer. Will include some ColorCatchers when I gift the quilt as there are some darker colors in the quilt and I don't want to take a chance on any other them bleeding when the quilt is washed.[/quote]

Have to update my remarks. Just adding the inner board and the fabric provided in the kit was one of the solids, not part of the Moonlight line. The thread count is good but it is fraying a lot more than the other fabrics and is wrinkling a lot. Can't wait to put the outside border on to stop the fraying and wrinkling.

This is the first queen size quilt I've made and boy is it heavy now that I'm putting the boarders on. I usually quilt my quilts myself but this one is going to the longarm quilter for sure.May in Jersey