Thread: quiltcut2
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I have seen posts from people who have one and like it. Before purchasing one, however, I would give a good look at the Accuquilt Go! cutter. That is what I recently purchased for my disabled sister. I was lucky enough to get one from Shoppers Rule for $280 and free shipping (made an offer of $250 on it). They have become very popular, and I have been able to find additional dies online for 20% off retail with free shipping. While the Go! with dies costs more than the Quiltcut, I think it will be worth it in the longrun. What I particularly like about the Go! is that it makes the cutting out of a quilt so fast.

There is a group called accuquilt at http://groups.yahoo.com that I joined a few months ago, and that has been a very helpful group for me. It's where I learned about the Shoppers Rule special, which made the Go! much more affordable for me. There may be a similar Yahoo group for the Quiltcut. Joining both groups might help with decision-making.

Also, check eBay for the quiltcut2 as I saw several advertised there at reasonable prices before I decided on the Go! (My sister and I haven't had a chance to unbox the Go! yet and try it out, but I'm very sure she is going to like it.)