View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
buslady

I am trying something new, new to me at any rate. I want to organize a simple retreat in Sanilac County at a campground on Lake Huron. Cabins would provide the housing. With real beds and real mattresses. Meals will be provided by camp staff, and the price is VERY reasonable.
Since this is the first time for me organizing this type of thing, I thought I'd get some advice from others that might be interested in coming to it. I have been looking at Friday, Saturday and Sunday; since that is when I thought would be a good time of the week. But I'd like to know what others think, would that be a good time? Or is Mid-week better? Also, as far as the planning, I was thinking eat, sew, eat, sew, eat, sleep, do it all over again. Planning some very simple activities, but keeping it loose so no one is overwhelmed with schedules. I am open to any suggestions regarding every aspect of the event. I am very excited about doing this and want to make sure everyone has a great time and wants to come back again. Give me your thoughts, PLEASE!!