View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 PM
smitty

Originally Posted by JJane
Yes have been in connect with the seller-She did it right took it to a authorized shipper it was package well and the shipping company has agreed that it is a claim.. I just need to have a price of the decreased valve of the machine because the shipping damage or the price to have it repainted not sure I would have it repainted because it decreases the valve if it is repainted. At this point my head hurts---understand?
Originally Posted by Deborahlees
out of curiousities was the machine packed correctly....was there packing between the machine and case....between the case and box....do you have a recourse also again the seller.....so many people think they can just throw this into a box that fits and its ok.....
At this point, decrease in value is not important to you. you
can never repair the machine to it's original condition. I can
not imagine a machine & case getting so damaged if they
were packed correctly. and sending a machine just in the case is not correct ! you really do not have to have a
case to carry the machine to classes, etc. there are a lot of
alternatives. only recourse for a perfect machine is to have
a complete redo paint job. expensive. it could be painted the
same color, then the insurance could not call it an "improvement" beyond the original machine. it is just replacement. from $300-700. it is not an easy job & not one
for just anyone. guess I am kind of off the main subject--where do you get an estimate ? ebay is the best guide for pricing. it may be hard to tell what the original
condition of the machine was at this stage of the game.
Glenn Williams in FL has lot of FW stuff, he is honest, trustworthy; we deal with him a lot. I agree with the one lady, appliance fix may cover the scrapes. but I would let the insurance co. have the machine--get another one. they
are not that hard to find. (and a black one (my humble opinion) is a better machine anyway. if you have another one shipped, get very specific shipping instructions for them.
Google "how to pack a sewing machine for shipping". or Graham Forsdyke's site. sorry this has happened to you !!