Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
AFQSinc

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I cut them 2 1/4". I fold in the center & press, so the binding 1 1/8". I match the raw edges of the binding with the raw edge of the quilt, and put the binding on the front of the quilt. I stitch a 1/4" seam with a walking foot. Then I press 3 times: Press just to set the seam. Press the seam open ( press binding towards the edge) then I fold the binding to the back and press again. It sounds like it takes a lot of time, but it goes pretty quickly. I use steam and usually don't have to pin. Then I stitch in the ditch from the front, stitching in the seam where the binding was attached. If you go to this post of some throws I made, there are some close ups of the bindings.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103513-1.htm
There is a tiny 'flange' on the back, which you may find objectionable. Sometimes I use a blanket stitch on the front. This holds it down. I did this on the purple one. Does this info help?
Those throws were beautiful! I love batiks against black. I have been stitching to the back and then on the front but I might try it the reverse this time. Thanks for the tips.