Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 AM
LindaR

I picked up a singer 66K born in 1913 in Clydebank Scotland, at a garage sale yesterday...it was pretty dirty and I didn't take a picture first, darn. She was pretty froze up and had been sitting in storage for quite awhile. $40 couldn't go wrong. Started in on her yesterday and boy the kerosene did a job...the only place the decals are worn is in the front of the needle where you would put your hands when sewing. What do you call the decals with the flowers, not red eye or sphinx???

anyway started working on her and oiled and cleaned up/down parts and she broke loose and turns beautifully. Today going to start on cabinet...what decided me was that the 4 drawers were all there, no veneer loose, machine sat solid on front part BUT over the years someone had painted the entire top brown grrrr! the sides and back you can tell what the wood is. don't think its oak but maybe maple??? am going to scrub it down and see what happens. Really hate to strip the whole top but may have to. I will take a picture when I am done but I think she will appreciate her new home with someone that loves her. BTW...found belt and manual on ebay, so for about $60 total she will be up and running soon...thanks Billy for all the help with the kerosene and wax..etc...your the best