View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 AM
LauraJJ

Yesterday I took a break from work to go to an estate sale. The ad said to bring gloves and a flashlight. How could I refuse? BUT they listed sewing machines as some of the items. I have 3. A new, cheaper Janome, and two Singer 301's. I show up and see a beautiful Singer 503. The Rocketeer. I have always loved that machine, but I knew before I went that I wasn't going to buy any machine. Then I found 2 boxes of vintage/retro patterns. They wanted $1.00 for BOTH BOXES. I sorted and counted them last night and there were 138 patterns. At the bottom of one of the boxes I found some of our county fair ribbons. I realized that we can't lose this art of sewing clothes or quilting. It may be cheaper to purchase, but somehow I feel that as we step away from the creation process, we (I) step away from where I came from. Those ribbon are precious. The reward of her hard work.

Back to the machine. I took a picture of the machine. I show it to two of my coworkers. They both appreciate stuff like that. I came back from lunch to find that Singer 503 on my desk!!!! They got the sewing machine for me from the estate sale while I was at lunch!!!! It runs great. I was a happy girl.

The sewing machine was $25.00.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213256.jpe