View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
omak

The more we work for something, the sweeter the finished product to enjoy, and the more we appreciate it.

cliches are my forte, obviously.
I remember, when I was a little girl, my dad and mom were adding on to our house. Every night, when we got home from the babysitter's, we three kids would go exploring to see if we could see the one new thing (at least) dad had done before he came to pick us up.
A few years ago, my father shared his philosophy with me - - one square foot a day. He said: I figured if I could clear one square foot a day on the land before the day was over, it was one square foot better than the day before. (almost as an after thought he said, "Sometimes I could get more than that done. But that one square foot - - that was the important one).
My dad was an electrician who worked to support his "hobby" of ranching and raising kids, so he worked all day and then finished his day with:
One square foot a day ...
It is a lot of hard work, but your sewing room is worth the effort, and I know that you know it. It is sort of like being pregnant! It takes a long time, and the waiting becomes quite a burden, but the end will be fantastic!