View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Airwick156

I received an email this morning that says it was from the IRS. The email states that when I filed my 2010 Income taxes that I FORGOT to put my social security number and my birthday and to fill out this attachment and to fill it out and send it to them by hitting the send button and if I don't my income tax return will be delayed until I do.

Now WHY IN GODS green earth would I do something like that??? And this is the reason why I wouldnt and didn't.

1. IRS's letter head would say INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE. NOT IRS.

2. Do they think I'm stupid to think that IRS would ask for this information in an email? NOPE. They would send me a formal letter in the mail.

3. Now why would they send me this email when WE DON'T file income taxes!!!

4. If it was a legitimate email from the IRS, It WOULD NOT SHOW that it was a mulitple mailing to a bunch of people with weird names that looked like middle eastern names (mohammad....) And besides......I can guarantee you that IRS doesn't make typing errors which this had several. Along with words that were joined and not seperated by a space.

SO PLEASE as a warning to all of you. DO NOT SEND any information to them. Its a SCAM.